Lumax Automtive Systems Ltd.

History

For more than six decades, Lumax has focused on value creation for automotive industry and market. We have given the exceptional designs, quality and innovative products. We've grown considerably since our founding in 1945. The success and distinction of Lumax began as the dream of one man extended to be the transformed into the dream of many. The major milestones are:


1945 Mr. S.C. Jain, Chairman, established a trading concern
1955-1966 Manufacturing units was set up for automotive lighting equipments & other components.
1975 Manufacturing unit set up for automotive filters and air cleaners.
1977-1979 Manufacturing units become functional at Faridabad and Pune.
1984 Lumax became a widely held Public Limited Company and also undergone technical agreement with M/s Stanley Electric Co. Ltd. Japan.
1996 Technical agreement with M/s Toyo Roki, Japan for filters.
2000 ISO: 9002 & QS-9000 certification to mirror division of Faridabad.
2003 Demerger of Lumax Industries to Lumax Industries Ltd. & Lumax Automotive Systems Ltd.
2004 ISO/TS: 16949 Accreditation to mirror division, Faridabad from UL India.
2004 Merger of Toshi Auto Industries with Lumax Automotive Systems Ltd.
2005 Joint Venture with M/s Magna Donnelly for Rear View Mirrors.
2006 ISO/TS: 16949 Accreditation to Lumax Automotive, Manesar from UL India.